Clinical Excellence and Patient Follow-Up
The partnership between OhioHealth and Emergency Medical Services organizations is critical to the efficiency and effectiveness of the continuum of care. Through continual performance improvement, open communications, education and feedback, together we advance clinical excellence.
Who may request patient follow-up information?
The following individuals may request patient follow-up information for the purposes of process improvement:
- EMS provider involved in the patient’s care
- EMS officer/supervisor
- EMS system medical director
How do I request patient follow-up information?
- Complete this EMS Communications Card; and
- place into the Hospital EMS Coordinator or liaison’s secured mailbox in the Emergency Department, where available; or
- fax directly to the Hospital EMS Coordinator or liaison if a dedicated receiving fax device is available; or
- send via secure email as an attachment to the Hospital EMS Coordinator or liaison; or
- send a secure email with the information from the EMS Communications Card to the Hospital EMS Coordinator or liaison.
For a list of Hospital EMS Coordinators and liaisons, visit EMS Contacts by Location.
IMPORTANT: We strongly recommend patient follow-up information requests be submitted through a verified, secure method. The OhioHealth Secure Email Message Center may be used to submit requests. There is no fee for use of this system.
How do I receive the patient follow-up information?
If a fire, EMS, government or predesignated email address is available, patient follow-up information may be sent to the EMS system’s process improvement coordinator via our Secure Email Message Center.